Wednesday, February 15, 2006

No such thing as a FREE CAT

So as most of you know I managed to pick the most umm... special cat in the world. She was a stray and free, turns out she has no teeth and extra toes. Plus in case you didn't notice she is fat.
Well I think it is not normal for a cat not to have teeth. Then she gets a runny nose and throws up twice and she just acts sick. Logical think to do take her to the vet well $148.18 later. She got IV fluids, pepcid,she was dewormed and a rabies shot. Turns out the doctor doesn't really know why she is toothless. But pecked her as about 10 years old, but I couldn't afford the other tests to see how sick she really is so we now give our free kitty antibiotics and the best darn cat food out there. I am affraid the next time I will beable to afford a vet visit will be when she dies. This is the problem with old cats they get sick. Hopefully she will live to be roughly 20 years old.

No comments: