Friday, November 25, 2005

Today I am thankful

Ok, so I am a day late. At least I got thankful
Yesterday, I tried hard not to be sad even though I am away from my family. And sometimes I did really well, other times I was a miserable failure.
Well today is a very different day, after I taught my class this morning I went in to my bosses step class. The workout isn't over until we have gabed for way too long. Today's topic was divorce it tends to lean that way, I am the only one still kicking it in my first marriage. But today was especially intense. My good friend Kim is going through a divorce right now. All the other ladies were telling her which lawyer to use and how to get all his money. Everyone was adding their own horror stories but I had nothing to add and thankfully so. He isn't a drunk, or abusive in anyway and he tells me that he loves me everyday
I love Eric and Jessica so much and don't honestly know what I would do without them.
Eric is so patient with all of my Drama. Even though it isn't a Norwegian holiday, Eric does his best to celebrate Thanksgiving. He wanted to take me to eat some where they would have sweet potatoes with marshmallows. Because there wasn't any at our Thanksgiving dinner. Why did the Lord give me this man? Maybe I was really good in heaven.
I was either REALLY GOOD in heaven or just plain pitiful because I got a great little girl too. She is smart, (sometimes too smart) beautiful and as sweet as the day is long. Even she takes care of me. All that said looks like I couldn't survive without them.
I wouldn't have looked so hard for a good man if it weren't for the example my parents set for me. All of my brothers and sisters also married loving spouses. They too have shown me how it is done. You are all great examples of how marriage is supposed to work. Thank you.
Keep joy in your heart, and laugh at things today that will be funny in a few years.

2 comments:

Chas said...

A strong marriage and great kids really says a lot about a person.. Ask me, I know.. wink.. You got them because you deserve them.

Natalie Simkins said...

Thanks chas:)